Monday 15 November 2010

Sega Saturn Emulation on Windows 7 with SSF

I thought I would try some old skool gaming (as the kids today call it) on my fairly up to date Windows 7 machine. What should I play I thought?

Panzer Dragoon Saga!

This would be tricky as the last time I ran SSF was on Windows XP and quite some time. Though from what I remembered last time it was quite easy. I hoped this time would be the same.

01 Basic Files Error

d3dx9_43.dll is missing from your computer. Blast I thought. After just trying to drop the file in the same folder as SSF I got a little farther but then again disaster struck.



02 With The DX9 File

XAudio2Create() error, and so forth. Some Googling gave me this as an answer.  The Direct X Web Installer.

03 DirectX Web Installer

I installed it. Then tried running SSF again giving me this.

05 Installed DirectX Web Installer

And this.

06 Fiddled With Options

Then.

07 Some Ongoing Issues

This stumped me for quite some time. Eventually I realised that all the web site suggesting I use Daemon tools were right. I was trying to use MagicDisc which was not up to the task really. After changing over to Daemontools I got this far. I did add a bios file but I have no idea how necessary that was.

07 Try Daemon Tools

And.

08 At Last

In case you need them here are my options screen and my list of BIOS files.

09 Options Page

10 BIOS Files

No comments:

Post a Comment